Career stagnation is one of the most frustrating experiences anybody can go through. Some people have continuous career success; some experience lulls and some end up in a downward spiral and struggle to pick themselves up.
To get around this, you need to peel back the layers to understand what is behind the crisis, and that involves a proper understanding of what inspires and motivates you. Here are eleven thought-provoking questions you need to ask yourself to help you put an action plan together to get you back on track.
1. Am I using my time, background and experience effectively?
2. What things can I control in my career?
3. What is achievable?
4. How do I come across to others?
5. What are my weaknesses?
6. What’s great about my career so far?
7. What are my core values?
8. Am I aligned with my values?
9. What does success look like to me?
10. Where do I want to be in my career five years from now?
11. How can I move forward and facilitate the achievement of my goals?
In the words of Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, “success at anything will always come down to this: focus and effort and we control both.” Regardless of where you are in your career, your attitude will play a crucial part in determining your career trajectory.