Life can be pretty stressful. On an emotional level though, stress is dangerous and really begins to set in and manifest itself in all sorts of unpleasant forms. Here are ten tips to keep things simple and manageable.
- Be yourself – Don’t become a clone of somebody else. Take strength from your individuality. If there is pressure to perform, don’t try to imitate others or else you might end up failing. Find out what works best for you and stick to it.
- If things aren’t working out – Things get worse before they get better and often bad news comes together. Remember that you have to have darkness for the dawn to come so be patient.
- Don’t strive for perfection – Sometimes it is sensible not to aim for the number 1 spot. Not positioning yourself to be number 1, would probably mean that you would never have to suffer from being knocked off the top so play it nice and easy.
- Don’t give up – The sooner you realise that success is tied to not giving up the better. Throwing in the towel is a lot easier so be the person who persists and responds when the going gets tough
- Don’t be averse to change -Some people hate change and as a result miss out on potential opportunities. Simply making a few adjustments to the way you think, or to your skills may open you up to a plethora of opportunities that otherwise might not arise.
- Happiness comes in small increments – Don’t expect to get quick outcomes when you put in the hard work. The path to success is littered with obstacles, small and large. Whatever you do though, make sure to celebrate the slightest successes in your life as that will get you into a happy, motivational mindset.
- Do something that doesn’t come easy – If you don’t go beyond your comfort zone, you won’t go very far. The difference between successful people and the not so successful is their ability to make sacrifices with their comfort zone. Push yourself to get what you really want
- Have a plan in life and aim for it – It really is very important to have some sort of goal in your life. Ask yourself what really matters to you in your life and have the end in mind i.e. what do you want to achieve by the time you reach 50. Goals can be perfect motivators and help create a disciplined mindset.
- Don’t be fazed by others – If somebody at work says something negative about you or takes a dig at you, don’t take it seriously. It might be that they see you from an entirely different perspective or are probably envious about you in some way. Either way, learn how to develop a thick skin.
- Take life as it comes – There’s no need to live life 100 mph. Slow down and take each day as it comes, and don’t try to over analyse life. If you get caught up in it, you are going to set yourself up to fail.
So don’t let the pressures of life run you down. Making the adjustments above will allow you minimise the stressors and instead you will focus on the things that truly matter to you and make you happy.